Monday 21 November 2011

Missing People Ad - Production

Production Photographs





I ended up only using one light with a defuser when I was filming as it created a soft look and wasn't too bright. It looked like a natural light which I really liked.

1ST EDIT



This is my first edit, I have cut out some of the scenes I have filmed such as the shower and cutlery as they wasn't as powerful as the other shots and I found the less I did the more effective it was, so using a few shots of empty chairs and a bed was enough. I have used a blur and a fade to black to each shot and added some small pieces of text to clearly show the audience a person missing. I thought the text "empty bed", "missing clothes" and "missed meals" shows how the small things really matter and have a big effect on the family. The last shot of the chair was hard to get right as I did this handheld and it was really shaky. I tried to achieve turning around the chair but I found it really difficult to make this look smooth so I just cut a small section of it showing the chair and laptop. I slowed this down so it looks still. I am most pleased with the falling posters at the end; I used a few different shots and cut them together, added fades, slowed them down, adjusted the levels so the background was completely black and moved each shot a little to the left so they all fall together. I think it works really well with the music and looks really effective, especially how the people on the posters are actually missing. I am happy with the music track, which is Aphex Twin – ‘Avril 14th’. I think I need to work on a good tag-line for the end and perhaps a stronger font.

2ND EDIT



In my 2nd edit I have completely changed the target audience so the advert is directed to the missing people to remind them they are missed and wanted home. I have used a simple tagline at the end "please come home" which I think is strong with the shot of the falling posters as those people are currently missing. If they come across my video they be reminded that they are missed terribly. I much prefer changing the target audience to those who are missing instead of using a tag-line of "please help find the missing people" as it wasn't strong or motivating enough for the audience. I have cut some of the last shot of the chair, slowed it down so its completely still and changed the font so its clear and bold. This makes my advert is more personal to me now as I'm directing towards my uncle if he ever comes across it and will see my YouTube name.

3RD EDIT



I tried adding more text such as "missed television programmes" on the shot of the sofa and television but I found it looked too much and I don't think the fact the missing person is missing TV is as important as something like "missed meals" with the family. I have changed the shot at the beginning of the empty bed to a wider shot so it shows someone missing more clearly. I think this shot looks more powerful and effective. With this I did it hand-held moving the camera higher and towards the bed but I found it too shaky so I cut the shot so its still and slowed it down. I think the fact the bed is so neatly made with a cover over the top works really well in showing someone who hasn’t been in it for a while. I am really pleased with this edit, I think even though my advert is quite simple its quite powerful because of the sad music.

No comments:

Post a Comment